Luckily, our weekend intern Felippe sprang into action, retrieving a fresh olive for my martini as I picked myself up from the floor. I weakly typed back that we’d love to see the results when she was done. Then I collapsed.
As you can see from this picture the results look absolutely delicious. The TiniCakes site is full of this, and other drool-worthy treats like Dark Chocolate Valentine’s Cupcakes with Chambord Ganache or the Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Icing.
Maryann was generous enough to let us post her recipe here. So, here’s what you’ll need to get started.
Then head over to TiniCake for the rest of the recipe and all of the instructions.
Vanilla Cupcake with Orange Zest and Orange Liqueur
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of one medium orange
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 milk
- 1 to 2 Tbsp orange flavored liqueur. Such as Triple Sec or Curaçao (optional)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- food coloring, red and yellow
There you have it. Orange Creamsicle TiniCaketail